SPJIMR Helps Upskill Women with Exclusive Post Graduate Management Programme
- Namrata Harish
- Back to Work, Career Development
- 15 Oct 2019
SP Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR), one of India’s premier business schools, has introduced a post graduate management programme exclusively for women who are looking to get back to work after a break.
Women who take a break from their jobs, for whatever reasons, often find it difficult to come back into the corporate leadership pipeline.
The primary reason for this is the lack of proper upskilling options available to women that help them bridge the knowledge gap that could appear in the years away from work.
With more companies now looking at women leadership as a crucial part of diverse teams within the organisation, it’s important to have management programmes that help bring women up to speed and join the corporate workforce.
This is why the Post Graduate Management Programme for Women at SPJIMR is the right choice for women looking to get back to work.
As a platform for women to relaunch their careers, the SPJIMR programme works with the backing of a globally-recognised institution and partnerships with various corporate organisations.
Details of the Post Graduate Management Programme for Women:
- 11-month full time programme with residential option
- Foundation module on Economics, Statistics and Accounting
- Module 1 — General management across all domains
- Module 2 — Specialisation in Information Management, Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management, and Operations and Supply Chain
- Module 3 — Integration across various functional areas
- Corporate internships
- Emphasis on leadership skills through Personal Growth Lab, Leadership Lab, Science of Spirituality and Individual coaching with ICF certified coaches
Why choose SPJIMR’s programme for women?
SPJIMR, a part of the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, embodies the principles of innovation and social sensitivity.
Since 1981, this prestigious business school has worked tirelessly on its mission to influence practice and promote value-based growth.
For its work in the field of business education, SPJIMR has also been awarded accreditation by AACSB International — The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
SPJIMR’s Post Graduate Management Programme for Women has also been awarded the MBA Innovation Award at the 2019 edition of the Association of MBAs (AMBA) Excellence Awards.
The SPJIMR advantage
The Post Graduate Management Programme for Women has a quasi-partnership with a number of corporate organisations that are involved in various activities within the programme.
Members of the Advisory Council of SPJIMR are champions of this programme among their professional networks and within their own organisations.
Corporate partners are also involved in:
- Selecting participants
- Design and delivery of the course
- Mentoring participants
- Assigning corporate projects
- Facilitating internships and placements
SPJIMR has a variety of industry leaders on its Advisory Council, such as:
- Aditya Birla Group
- Axis Bank
- Bosch India
- Ernst & Young
- IDFC Bank
- Korn Ferry
- Larsen & Toubro
- Pidilite Industries
- Kellogg India
- Victor Tango
- P&G India
Since its launch in 2016, the Post Graduate Management Programme for Women has been preferred for its unique design, exhaustive curriculum and wide range of industry partnerships.
The SPJIMR programme for women also focuses on developing an effective corporate engagement for all its participants.
- Through the Industry Mentorship Programme, each participant gets an industry professional to mentor them through the course
- The Leadership Lecture Series helps participants interact with industry leaders
- Each participant can also take up a one-month corporate internship
- The curriculum includes a business impact project in design thinking
- Placement assistance is provided on successful completion of the programme
If you are a woman on a career break of at least one year, have a minimum experience of 4 years and a GMAT/NMAT/CAT/XAT/GRE score earned on or after August 2015, then go ahead and apply to SPJIMR’s Post Graduate Management Programme for Women.
The application process is entirely online. So, what are you waiting for? It’s time for you to get back to work!