Research/Analytics/Business Intelligence/Big data
4 - 10 Yrs
You will be working as a member of the Finance Operations team providing support to crude & products oil trading. Invoices and payments are made for all STn (Shell Trading Network) companies outside WONA (the world outside North America). The role offers a challenging opportunity in a fast-moving dynamic and global trading environment
Company Description -
The aim of the Shell Business Operations, Chennai is to provide the Group with operational excellence through highlighting and utilizing process improvements and functional efficiencies as well as by leveraging economies of scale. Currently, the Chennai centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell operating companies across several business sectors globally.
Set up in September 2007, the Chennai centre has grown rapidly and now , in its fourth year of operations , it has crossed the 1600 staff mark. The centre is located in the RMZ Millennia Business Park, where the Shell campus is a LEED Platinum building with world class infrastructure. The business is expected to grow further over the next two years and infrastructural additions to support this have been planned.
The main focus in Chennai is on Finance Operations which supports delivery of the global Finance functional plan. There is also a ‘Downstream India’ - Customer Services Team that handles lubricant depot ordering within the country. The Shell Business Operations (SBO Team) manages the centre facilities and supports business partners’ operations on site. There is a strong focus at SBO on safety & well being of staff and on its three core values: Compliance, Intervention & Respect.
You will be working as a member of the Finance Operations team providing support to crude & products oil trading. The role offers a challenging opportunity in a fast-moving dynamic and global trading environment
1) Reconciliation of Trade books to Financial. This will require validation of data in the business and finance systems.
2) Ensure that period end processes are carried out accurately and completed within deadlines.
3) Ensure daily tasks are performed in line with service standards and KPI’s.
4) Maintain effective and appropriate systems and procedures, identifying opportunities for enhancements and ensuring ongoing SOX compliance.
5) Strictly adhere to all relevant controls within this role.
6) Undertake Ad hoc duties as required.