4 - 8 Yrs
Compliance,Operations,PowerPoint,Microsoft Excel,Microsoft Word,Analytical Skills
Job Profile: Operations Manager - Compliance
Amazon.com operates in a virtual, global e-commerce environment without boundaries, and operates a diverse set of businesses, including retail, third party marketplaces, e-commerce platforms, web services for developers. Amazon's mission is to be earth's most customer-centric company.
Compliance Operations (C-Ops) is part of Health Safety Sustainability Security and Compliance (HSSSC) organization within Amazon. C-Ops ensures that Amazon transactions satisfy legal and safety requirements in compliance with guidelines set by regulatory bodies. We coordinate with aspects of identifying the risk involved in handling a hazardous product while storage and transport and classifying products with appropriate hazmat attributes. This team also review aspects of product transactions that are regulated (distribution, shipping, sale, and import/export). This involves analyzing product import documentation. We focus on product testing, certification, and regulatory permitting to ensure customer safety and protect Amazon in a constantly changing global environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
An Operations Manager-Compliance will be responsible for multiple operations teams supporting multiple programs whose charter is to protect Amazon customers from products that are illegal, hazardous, unsafe, or otherwise prohibited /regulated by Law and Amazon policies. Duties may include, defining, applying, and defending regulatory, policy and contractual requirements. Managing risk tolerance across tasks supported, providing subject matter expertise and Acting as a risk management evangelist within the organization.
· Manage specialists and managers in driving compliance and risk management goals and in turn support internal business units to ensure compliance with regulations, policies and procedures
· Responds to reported violations of rules, regulations, policies, and procedures by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative and corrective procedures
· Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities within Operations
· Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future
· Work with various Amazon teams to formulate strategy, seek automation opportunities and leverage technologies
· Link all the programs to business metrics and build solutions keeping that in mind
· Work with various internal teams (e.g. Risk Management, Product compliance, supply chain, Retail teams, Trade program teams) to help drive tools, best practices and process improvements that affect classification speed of the program
· Provide assistance to internal or external auditors in compliance reviews
Key Performance Areas:
· Establish SOPs, process controls, recommend revisions and ensure alignment with risk and regulatory requirements
· Measures key metrics, process or control risk to inform product and program level risk assessment
· Maintains subject matter expertise and current industry knowledge to operationally execute risk management programs
· Attract talent and makes right hiring decisions, On-boarding and continuous development of team and maintain a high delivery bar
· Deliver business goals for processes handled
· Mentor and guide subject matter experts and quality specialists in order to improve process efficiency and quality
· Directly managed 2 to 3 managers and thus indirectly managed at least 50 plus people organization.
· Possess strong communication and leadership skills
· Able to work in an ambiguous, dynamic & ‘internet-speed’ environment with tight deadlines
· Have an absolute passion for ensuring a great customer experience
· Minimum 4 to 8 years in managing people and interacting with customers / stake holders. Possess exceptional skills in managing data/analysis
· Outstanding attention to detail; Exceptional problem solving & analytical skills
· Attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
Preferred Qualifications :
· Mastery of Excel, Power Point, Word
· Working knowledge in one of the following areas: International trade, logistics, product compliance, dangerous goods classification