HR - Payroll/Business Partner/General
1 - 10 Yrs
Human Resources,MIS,Problem Solving,Critical Thinking,Analysis Analytics
Amazon, (www.amazon.com) a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, is the global leader in e-commerce. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon in 1995, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfillment and customer service centers. Today, Amazon offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewelry. We operate sites in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Japan, Canada, Italy, and China (Joyo.com) and maintain dozens of fulfillment centers around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet. Amazon.com brand has become synonymous with a superior level of convenience, selection, low prices, and customer service.
At Amazon, we strive to be Earth's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. We've invested more than $2 billion in technology and content to date to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in distributed systems, operations, data mining, optimization, scalability, security and algorithms.
At Amazon, we hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers. We want you to help share and shape our mission to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of our DNA. We do this every day by solving complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. We- re making history and the good news is that we- ve only just begun.
Summary Description :
The individual will support support business to implement HR plans and solutions in order to achieve strategic business initiatives and deliver results. The candidate will possess the ability to complete high volumes of tasks with minimal guidance or supervision and deadline sensitivity. As such, the candidate must be skilled at anticipating problems, creating contingency plans, managing multiple priorities, problem solving and organizing logistics. Key to the position is the ability to keep the team organized, prioritized and on time while also serving as a "go to" for all
areas and departments which dovetail with HR. This candidate will help foster a cooperative and communicative atmosphere.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for on boarding and partnering with the recruitment team in hiring associates based on business forecasts.
- Partner with business leaders and other support functions to maintain a highly motivated and engaged workforce
- Implement new policies, procedures and programs in support of Business
- Understand and implement Site specific HR systems and ensure sanctity of data maintained
- Understand the pulse of the shop floor and take necessary initiatives to drive a good culture
- Manage a team of Operations Admin whose responsibility would include managing time and attendance system, weekly associate performance review, maintaining HR related notice boards and associate leave management.
- Provide MIS support for Attrition analysis, includes- analyzing Exit interview, observe trends and highlight important aspects, prepare and publish dashboards
Drive engagement initiatives:
- Drive Site Level Performance Management System Career Path sessions/ initiatives for Managers
- Support the L&D team in conducting training needs assessment for employees across levels
- Working with Cross functional and geographical teams for project management specific to HR and implementation of the same.
- Working with 3rd party manpower providers in ensuring business continuity and legal compliance etc
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to influence and partner with different levels of the organization to achieve results.
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem solving skills, critical thinking, and analysis.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing, warehousing, FMCG company would be ideal
- Should be proficient in using MS Office, Excel and data related tools.
- Knowledge of local language will be an advantage
- Prior experience in handling contingent workforce would be an added advantage.