5 - 8 Yrs
As an Android developer, you will be working with a team of able technical experts to deploy and deliver a platform that enables millions of women to connect, learn and accelerate their careers. A strong tech product & team is key to our growth and success.
JobsForHer provides ample opportunity for your learning & development, and a strong ecosystem at work that allows you to manage work and home ably. An uncompromising work ethic and a desire to make a difference to our cause makes you a perfect fit for the role!
We are looking for an Android developer responsible for the development of JobsForHer mobile app aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices targeting millions of women . Your primary focus will be the development of the Android app and it’s integration with back-end services. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
Skills & Requirements
We are looking for a strong team contributor with a minimum of 5 years of proven android app development, publishing and distribution experience.
In particular, you must be able to demonstrate the following:
● Experience in Android app development and publishing an Android app on Google Play
● Experience with JSON and data via REST, oAuth, payment gateway, cloud message APIs and push notifications
● Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
● Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
● Knowledge of emerging technologies, mobile architectures, trends and landscapes
● Perform unit test to ensure usability, robustness, edge cases and general reliability
● Work and make sure improved application performance and bug fixing
● Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
● Familiarity with continuous integration
● Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or any similar subject
● Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
● Must be a proven team player