Sales/Business Development/Client Servicing
2 - 3 Yrs
Key Account Management,Sales,Business Development
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials.
For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others
A candidate should be graduate or post graduate mainly B. Pharm/ M. Pharm/B Tech/M Tech/Msc Micro/Msc Biotechology/B.E. Chemical. MBA will be an added advantage. With 6 to 7 years of experience in Life science industry and should have minimum 2/3 years Key Account Management experience. Candidate from Competition like Pall, Sartorius, GE, Thermo is preferred.
Responsible for achieving sales goals, from key customer accounts. Develops and executes Key Account Management plan. Identifies customer needs and develops solutions. Grows Merck share within the account. Resolves customer issues. Maintains a pipeline of short and long-term growth opportunities. Collaborates and coordinates with appropriate stakeholders.
• Understand customer processes like Vaccine, mAb manufacturing
• Understand customer pain points and work towards providing solution from Merck offerings
• Develop and execute Key Account Long term and Short term strategies
• Responsible for achieving assigned sales goals
• Develops Key Account management plans and coordinates activities with Support Group
• Analyses account and various departments and identifies opportunities to accelerate revenue growth
• Maintains an in-depth understanding of the account seeded base including customer projects
• Engages with customers to build and maintain relationships
• Assesses customer needs and identifies opportunities to growth Merck’s presence in the account
• Communicates value propositions and educates customers on new products and innovative technology
• Develops quotes and negotiates with the customer
• Manages the end to end sales process for assigned products ensuring buy-in across all relevant customer stakeholders
• Resolves customer issues
• Maintains an in depth understanding of the competitive landscape within Key Accounts
• Maintains technical knowledge in assigned product group or area of science
• Builds business acumen and selling skills including problem solving, negotiation and relationship management
• Inputs customer information and opportunities into the CRM system
• Develops and maintains a short and long-term opportunity growth opportunity pipeline
• Generates leads from existing and new accounts for assigned products and those outside the assigned portfolio.
• Manages Key customer account wholly & sole responsibility in delivering world class customer satisfaction.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!