3 - 6 Yrs
Engineer III (IN3) – Development at WalmartLabs
We are Walmart
We help people around the world save money and live better -- anytime and anywhere -- in retail stores, online and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 220 million customers and members visit our 11,096 stores under 69 banners in 27 countries and e- commerce websites in 10 countries. With last fiscal revenues of approximately $473 billion, we employ 2.2 million employees worldwide.
At Walmart Labs in Bangalore, we enable an ecosystem, wherein our customers can “save money so they can live better”, by using technology for the charter of building brand new platforms and services on latest technology stack to support both our e-commerce and stores businesses worldwide
Global Back Office Solutions at WalmartLabs Bangalore in India is focused on ERP implementations in the areas of Retail, Manufacturing, Procurement, Human Resources and Real estate business functions for multiple Walmart markets with SAP and IBM-Tririga.
The Global Back Office Solutions is committed to streamline operations to help our global customers save more. At the center of our success is an agile, innovative culture, backed by Fortune 1 support. From logistics specialists to data gurus and software engineers, our teams are developing solutions that will affect billions of transactions every month.
As a part of at WalmartLabs Bangalore team in India that works on ERP implementations in the areas of Retail, Manufacturing, Procurement, Human Resources and Real estate business functions for multiple Walmart markets with SAP and IBM-Tririga, your design and solution will have a significant impact on Walmart’s Global Back office Solution. You will be challenged with unparalleled complex business problems that spans across multiple countries, highest number of users and the highest data volume in the world.
• Drive design, development, implementation and documentation
• Build, test and deploy cutting edge solutions at scale, impacting associates of Walmart worldwide.
• Interact with Walmart engineering teams across geographies to leverage expertise and contribute to the tech community.
• Engage with Product Management and Business to drive the agenda, set your priorities and deliver awesome products.
• Drive the success of the implementation by applying technical skills, to design and build enhanced processes and technical solutions in support of strategic initiatives.
• Work closely with the Architects and cross functional teams and follow established practices for the delivery of solutions meeting QCD (Quality, Cost & Delivery). Within the established architectural guidelines.
• Work with senior leadership to chart out the future roadmap of the products
• Participate in hiring and build teams enabling them to be high performing agile teams.
• Interact closely for requirements with Business owners and technical teams both within India and across the globe.
Our Ideal Candidate
You have a deep interest and passion for technology. You love owning new responsibilities and enjoy working with people who will keep challenging you at every stage. You have strong problem solving, analytic, decision-making and excellent communication with interpersonal skills. You are self-driven and motivated with entrepreneurial passion and desire to work in a fast-paced, results- driven agile environment with varied responsibilities. You have a passion to mentor and drive technical associates to deliver quality products in an agile environment. You have a flair to setup new process and bring in a innovative mindset to drive the team.
• Bachelor or equivalent / above degree in Computer Science.
• 3 + years of experience in design and development of highly-scalable applications and platform development.
• Strong computer science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, databases.
• Deep experience with Java ecosystem and open source tools to design and develop robust high-performance and scalable applications for use within the Walmart product ecosystem.
• Experience in Java 7/8, functional map-reduce programming, stream processing, NoSql datastores. .
• Hands on experience with RESTful Webservices, microservice development and techniques to unit test and integration test these services.
• Hands on experience with workflow engines (ex. Activiti, jBPM, etc) and rules engine (ex Drools)
• Practitioner of Agile (Scrum) methodology