PayU, the fintech-arm of Naspers, is a leading financial services provider in global growth markets. We use our expertise and heritage in cross border and local payments to extend the services we offer to merchants and consumers. Our innovative technology, developed in-house as well as through investments and strategic partnerships, empowers billions of people and millions of merchants to buy and sell online, extending the reach of financial services.
Benefits for our women employees:
At PayU we believe in promoting an inclusive work environment for all our employees.
Your loved ones matter - Child care subsidy for mothers and single fathers with children under 10 years of age – INR 5000/month
Making sure your family is healthy – Annual health checkups upto INR 2000 for employees and their spouses & medical insurance coverage for spouse and children
A family which eats together lives together – Employees are eligible for free food at PayU office for upto INR 1500/month*
Celebrating Milestones with the PayU family – To commemorate commitment of our employees with PayU we provide a host of vouchers, sponsored trips, paid time off and much more to celebrate employee longetivity
Your development is PayU’s growth – We enable employees to deepen their learning and enhance their skills by providing various learning modules and trainings at no cost to the employee, via our in-house learning platform – MyAcademy.
What you'll be doing:
We are looking for a software engineer with experience in building high-performing, scalable web-based applications. You will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications.
1. Contribute to robust, scalable, and high quality solutions.
2. Collaborate with business and technical teams to solve complex problems.
3. Advocate and champion quality coding and best practices.
4. Communicate design and test impact based on business requirements.
What you'll need to bring to the table:
1. BE/B.Tech in Computer Science or equivalent.
2. 3+ years of experience developing and testing software.
3. Proficient in backend languages like Java or PHP.
5. Understand end user requirements, formulate use cases and come up with effective solutions.
6. Knowledge of web service technologies (REST/SOAP).
7. Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail.
8. Ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative and fast paced environment.
9. Ability to build a feature from scratch and drive it to completion.
10. A willingness to learn new technology, whatever lets you deliver the best solution.
11. Experience working in an agile environment is a plus.