Intuit’s focused its mission: Powering prosperity around the world. We empower individuals and small businesses by allowing them to benefit from the power of their own data as well as the collective wisdom of millions of fellow Intuit customers. This means that small businesses now have access to insights that were once only available to big, multi-million dollar companies, and enables consumers to put their own data back to work for them.
Data is the catalyst that is powering new innovative products that will transform the lives of our customers and help Intuit grow its business. And Data Services is at the center of it all. We area team of 100+ data engineers, product managers and data scientists who work collaboratively with the business teams to uncover the actionable business insights from data that fuelco-designed products and deliver delightfulcustomer experiences. The role ofData Platform team is to lead and inspire teams across Intuit to solve important customer problems with data. We do this by building innovative data products (including a cross-Intuit, product-centric network effects platform built on a big data, open-source technology stack) and by building data expertisethroughoutIntuit.
Intuit–andthe Data Platform team–is committed to cloud technologies and will be using Amazon AWS technology and services to host its machine learning and Artificial Intelligence offerings. Our engineersrigorously evaluate and benchmark to open source technologies and adapt itto suit our own requirements. We are active in the open source community and contribute patches/enhancements back to the community (Hadoop, Samza, PIG, Sqoop, Storm, Cassandra, HBase etc).
Innovation thrives at Intuit and in the Data Platform team. We apply Design-for-Delight and Lean Start-up principles to Customer-driven Innovation techniques to improve our productsandcreate break-through benefits that delight our customers. Data Platform team grants engineers unstructured time that can be used to explore and improve open source technologies or to innovate with data. Webelievethrough these explorations we will uncover insights and build products that will transform the lives of our customers while enabling engineers to stay on the cutting-edge of technology.
It's a great time to be a Senior Data engineer–and a great time to join Intuit's Data Platform team.
- Develop and Operate pipelines built and hosted in the AWS environment. Prior experience in this area will be mandatory
- Independently Design, Build, Test, Integrate and document components for seamless data extraction and analysis. Prior experience of operating applications at high scale and availability will be useful.
- Scripting and Automation of manual tasks for onboarding, monitoring and maintenance of services developed and operated by the team.
- Passionate for continuous learning, experimenting, applying and contributing towards cutting edge open source technologies and software paradigms
- Ensuring best practices that can be adopted in BigData stack and share across teams and BUs.
- Provides operational excellence through root cause analysis and continuous improvement for BigData technologies and processes and contributes back to open source community.
- Contributes to innovations that fuel the growth of Intuit as a whole
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, or related discipline with 5+ years of experience.
- Experience in BigData technologies (Hadoop, HDFS, MapReduce, Spark, Pig, Hive, Sqoop, HBase, Cassandra etc) will be valuable
- Should have worked on large scale software infrastructure projects.
- Experience in engineering large-scale systems in a product environment is required.
Programming experience with Java, Scala, Python and ability to learn quickly
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune’s “100 Best Companies To Work For” and Fortune World’s “Most Admired Software Companies” lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market – from QuickBooks®, Quicken®, and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.