• Gathering functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning
• Designing/developing web, software, mobile apps, prototypes, or proofs of concepts (POC’s)
• Act in a technical leadership capacity: Mentoring junior engineers, new team members, and applying technical expertise to challenging programming and design problems
• Roughly 70-85% hands-on coding
• Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches
• Work cross-functionally with various Intuit teams: product management, QA/QE, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results
• Contribute to the design and architecture of the project
• Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies.
• 6+ years’ experience developing web, software, or mobile applications In Java
• BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
• Strong experience with any of the following Object Oriented Languages (OOD):
• Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• 1+ years experience with web services (consuming or creating) with REST or SOAP
• Solid communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Strong understanding of the Software design/architecture process
• Experience with unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD).