Job Details : Head of HR
Reports to: Executive Director or Organisational Director
Remuneration: 13.65 lakhs per annum
Last date to apply : 9 June 2018
We are looking for a dynamic HR professional who is forward looking, not afraid to maintain accountability, and shape and implement HR processes in Greenpeace India. She/he will be passionate about the power of people, have a clear vision and strategy on how to shape the future of the organization. Someone who strives for collaboration and is transformational, but who can also build on the work of others and drive change.
The HR Unit Head will advise and guide the Senior Management Team and middle managers about HR systems and processes. She/he will lead the alignment of HR services to all divisions at all levels and support their business strategies and needs, and be a strategic partner for other managers and the Senior Management Team in people and culture related issues.
The person we are looking for will lead and mentor the Greenpeace India HR team. This is a very hands-on position for an experienced HR professional with a background in a fast growing and changing environment.
HR Unit Head will report to the Executive Director or Organizational Support Director.
The position is based in Bengaluru but will require travel to offices in other parts of the country.
- Acts as a key business partner to execute and support HR strategies.
- Lead, develop, maintain, improve and implement the human resource strategies, policies, standards, procedures and information management system, according to organisational requirements and guidelines.
- Work closely with the managers to provide them guidance, coaching and support on the full range of HR services and keep management abreast of HR issues that may affect organization’s operations.
- Develop and lead culture change and development in Greenpeace India based on values, code of conduct, safe work environment and diversity and inclusion principles.
- Collaborate with management to drive key people related processes including performance management, talent management, career development, employee welfare including grievance redressal and organizational development, recruitment and employer branding.
- Develop learning organization environment, tools, framework, methods, programs based on GP India needs and long-term strategy.
- Cooperate with other departments to analyse and evaluate performance and development data to track trends, leadership strengths/weaknesses, and inform changes to the programme for incremental improvements.
- Leadership development and program management: Work with leaders and managers to develop and deliver comprehensive leadership and people managers development programs.
- Actively participate in planning and execution of inter-department integration initiatives
- Ensure total compliance with approved policies and governmental laws and regulations.
- Manage organisation compensation, Benefits and payroll systems.
- Deal with complex or sensitive day to day people management issues.
- Effectively communicate the organization’s HR policy to all levels.
- Mentor the HR team to ensure highest quality and performance of HR Services.
- Be part of the Greenpeace Global People and Culture community and contribute to as well as learn from the global organisation.
Qualification and requirements
- 7+ years of Human Resource generalist experience, at least 3 years of which are at a senior generalist or manager level.
- Experience in designing and executing well thought out HR project plans and policies.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with overlapping tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience in change management.
- People manager on a strategic level with a hands-on approach.
- Experience in improving people related policies and procedures in a global organization.
- Always feel the need to make the difference by continuously looking for improvements in procedures followed by the organization.
- Demonstrable experience in analysing business issues and providing scalable HR solutions that address and align to broader organization requirements.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced, result-oriented environment.
- Team player, open minded, approachable and respectful.
- Strong coaching, consulting, and facilitation skills.
- Strong ability to process- and systems-thinking.
- Fluency in English and at least one other Indian language is essential.
- Experience in digital HR Management Information Systems is desirable.
To apply for this role, kindly attach your CV and a covering letter (of 350 words or less), which summarizes how your profile aligns with the key requirements, skills and abilities