3 - 9 Yrs
purchase,Cost estimation,Negotiation,Quote analysis
Position – Engineer / Sr. Engineer - Purchase
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Studying purchase requirements in details for sourcing strategies and RFQ.
2. Preparation of RFQ with terms & conditions mentioned in purchase policy.
3. Follow up for Quotes.
4. Cost estimation for purchase parts and preparation for negotiation as per strategies.
5. Inviting suppliers for technical discussion with project team, coordinating & moderating meeting.
6. Negotiation with suppliers for optimal landed cost, Terms & services.
7. Maintaining Minutes of meeting after technical discussion and publishing for stake holders.
8. Quote analysis & recommendation of right source following approval procedures.
9. Purchase order creation as per mutually agreed price & terms for approval from authorised signatory.
10.Sending approved PO to vendor & receipt of order acceptance.
11.Delivery status check & review with suppliers.
12.Visiting suppliers and monitoring work in progress.
13.Ensuring on time delivery to project team.
14.Supporting internal customers in case of urgency.
15.Vendor / supplier selection & development for varieties of new /old requirement.
16.Material requirement planning.
17.Inspection of components at vendor place.
18.Developments of existing vendors / new vendors which require a systematictechnical & commercial approach for Raw material supply, Machining and Mechanical sub-assemblies etc.
19.Working for Corrective action & Preventive action (CAPA) with CFT for defective items.
20.Creating & maintaining
- Item master
- Item code
- Item Classification
- Commodity classification
- Price master
- Info record for items etc.
Strategic Work requirements with long term objectives:
1. Vendor Audit for required resources, methods, quality and its analysis.
2. Capacity analysis of vendor’s manufacturing facilities based on available load.
3. Continuous working for cost reduction with project team & suppliers.
4. Monitor vendor/Supplier performance to ensure quality of product & services.
5. Sync with project team to obtain the Materials with common joint planning for effective deliveries.
6. Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent sourcing activities.
7. Responsible for achieving business objectives: product with low cost, defect reduction, lead-time reduction, on-time delivery, and new supplier launches.
8. Monthly review meeting with suppliers / vendors to discuss the issues like delivery variance, quality, pending orders, NCR, Joint improvement projects etc.
9. Understanding assembly and performance requirements of an item.
10.Establishing the consistent supplies, preparation of purchase budget, issuance of RFQ, PO & receiving quotations are the other activities.
11.Addressing suppliers issues
12.Suppliers Screening, Assessment & evaluation.
13.Inducting suppliers following NDA & registration process, educating new suppliers about purchase process
14.Working to reduce supply base & consolidations.
15.Tracking commodity prices being used in FIL.
16.Monitoring suppliers closely with strategies of Exit –Retain –Grow.
17.Maintaining Price Trends, supplier database and other relevant purchase reports.
18.Establish strategic relationships with key suppliers (probably turnkey including design) who are aligned to the Company's needs.
19.End to end inbound supply chain management mainly from Purchase Ordering, Contract Operationalization Service Entry (GRN) to payments- Continually improve purchasing methods and drive down external spends
1. Qualification: BE Mechanical Engineering
2. Experience: 3 - 8 years
3. Skill Set & Competencies : Basic knowledge of purchasing & vendor Development, Strategic Sourcing, Purchase planning & Management, Supply Chain Management, Logistics & Inventory Control ,Project Management Process ,Negotiation Strategy & Planning, Materials Management.
4. Personal Skills: Good Attitude to learn & deliver, Sense of ownership, Sense of urgency, System Oriented & attention to details, Knowledge on Purchase work flow & advance planning, Project Management – Basic Knowledge, and Supplier Relationship Management.