About LINC Education
LINC Education (www.linceducation.com), based in Singapore, is a global pioneer in providing high-touch, high-quality educator-led support services to universities around the world. Its specialist services are highly sought after by university managements and faculty to retain and grow their online student enrolments. LINC’s services are customized for each university, and delivered using a cutting-edge technology platform (LINCtrac) to provide a superior and effective learning experience to students.
LINC is managed by education sector professionals with more than 30 years of combined experience and overseen by an advisory board of the best academic professionals in the world. Dr. M Rammohan Rao (ex-Dean, Indian School of Business and ex-Director, IIM Bangalore) and Deepak Chandra (Secretary – Education, Rajiv Gandhi Foundation and ex-Deputy Dean, Indian School of Business) are members of the LINC Board of Advisors.
LINC is seeking experienced faculty members in the field of Data Sciences across a range of subjects including Data Management, Statistics, Data Mining and Visualization, Data Security, Machine Learning and Big Data Analytics.
As an experienced Business faculty member (LINC Fellow), the candidate will serve a diverse international student body for Masters-level programs studying at premier Australian universities. LINC Fellows will be the single point-of-contact for the unit-in-charge for student academic matters.
The LINC Fellows would be “actively engaged” during each unit or subject which is expected to range between 7 to 14 weeks per trimester.
What’s on offer?
The role offers a competitive remuneration between INR 30,000-50,000 per month (based on committed weekly time, batch size and experience level of the LINC Fellow) when actively engaged, plus performance based incentives.
The position is based out of Mumbai, Pune, Delhi NCR and Bangalore.
The professional benefits include:
- Interacting with high-quality global university faculty
- Working with a diverse range of international students
- Developing deeper subject understanding
- Gaining richer academic exposure
- Improving interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
The role will be part time (15-20 hours per week) with scheduled weekend availability. Candidate will have flexibility to work from location of his/her convenience.
Roles & Responsibilities
LINC Fellows will work closely under the guidance of the university faculty-in-charge of the unit (or subject) and be responsible for providing:
1. Guidance to a group of 25-30 postgraduate online students to complete the module
2. Orientation and support in study planning
3. Support in report writing and research skills
4. 1:1 and small group tutoring sessions
5. Guidance on relevant reference material
6. Assessment marking
7. Feedback on work and assessments
8. Timely responses to student queries
9. Facilitated peer-to-peer interactions on discussion boards and other forums
10. Interconnections with university networks and events
11. Other activities which will improve student learning experience and increase student engagement
LINC Fellows will be expected to promptly interact with students over email, chat, and telephone from locations of their convenience (e.g. home, office etc.).
Desired candidate profile
- Masters/Doctoral degree with distinction or first-class from a top university in India(note: at least a post-graduate diploma in the field of Data Science is a MUST)
- At least 5 years of work experience AND post-graduate level teaching experience(note: at least 1 year of teaching experience is a MUST)in the field of Data Science(Data Management, Statistics, Data Mining and Visualization, Data Security, Machine Learning and Big Data Analytics)
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Empathetic, ambitious, warm and outgoing personality willing to work closely with people from diverse cultures
- Must possess a working laptop and have access to high-speed (>2 MBPS) stable internet connection
Ability to quickly learn and use technology platforms for interacting with student including host university’s LMS and LINCtrac (training on these platforms will be provided)