Accounting / Finance / Tax / CS / Audit
1 - 4 Yrs
compliance,regulatory affairs,risk assessment
The Goldman Sachs Bangalore Office
Bangalore is an integral part of the Goldman Sachs global footprint that works seamlessly as a full and equal partner with Federation and Revenue areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading, and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Increased depths in capabilities and functional expertise have resulted in the creation of centers of excellence that drive many critical businesses around the globe.
The Compliance Division has established a dynamic team of professionals in Bangalore. The Bangalore team plays a central role in the division’s global strategy to provide solutions to the firm’s traditional business and growth market strategy. We work alongside functional counterparts in many global offices to implement the firm’s regulatory and reputational risk management program.
Global Compliance - Regulatory Practice Group - Overview
Our business principle #2 states: “We are dedicated to complying fully with the letter and spirit of the laws, rules and ethical principles that govern us. Our continued success depends upon unswerving adherence to this standard.”
It is the role of Goldman Sachs’ Global Compliance Division to help ensure that every employee and client of the firm upholds this principle. Accordingly, the Division is viewed as an integral part of the firm, enabling it to conduct business confidently in complex global markets.
Part of the Global Compliance Division, the firm’s Regulatory Practice Group (“RPG”) is a dynamic, global team of more than 60 professionals charged with interfacing with regulators on regulatory examinations and inquiries received in jurisdictions worldwide. Led by a Global Head in New York, the team has members in Bengaluru, Hong Kong, Jersey City, London, New York, Sydney and Tokyo.
As the liaison between the firm and its regulators on matters of regulatory compliance, RPG team members work closely with business, compliance and legal teams within the firm. While working to respond to regulatory requests - the primary responsibilities of RPG team members include:
▪ Ensuring that regulatory matters received by the firm are appropriately tracked
▪ Research applicable rules and interpretive guidance
▪ Taking ownership of processes and controls within the team, driving the development of methods to improve processes and / or controls to ensure that these are efficient, effective and relevant
▪ Organize and maintain large volume of data and documentation in a dynamic environment
▪ Conduct informational interviews and gather responsive documentation
▪ Coordinate with internal stakeholders regarding regulatory information requests and the firm’s responses
▪ Escalate situations, as appropriate, to relevant divisional compliance officers and business unit managers
▪ Apply excellent analytical abilities to research and draft comprehensive, accurate and persuasive responses to diverse regulatory requests for information
▪ Monitor the firm’s progress in completing undertakings made to regulators during the course of inquiries and exams, among other responsibilities
▪ Execute and manage global ad-hoc projects based on compliance or business requirements that helps in enhancing the compliance of the firm
Experience / Skills / Systems Requirements
▪ Strong communications skills; oral, written and interpretive - must be able to comprehend what is said/written and ask probing questions
▪ Strong analytical and risk assessment skills
▪ Demonstrate resiliency and creativity when under pressure and when managing time-sensitive demands from competing stakeholders
▪ Proactive, self-motivated and organized
▪ Be unfailingly detail-oriented, so as to consistently produce accurate work product
▪ Ability to prioritize and make decisions in a fast paced-environment
▪ Good judgment - evaluate circumstances; consider alternatives and weigh pros and cons; use critical thinking to determine when and how to escalate issues
▪ Expertise with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
▪ Possess a general understanding of the current regulatory environment and financial markets and/or securities regulation and rules
▪ Experience in financial, legal, accounting or regulatory areas is preferred
Goldman Sachs is a meritocracy where you will be given all the tools to help you develop. At Goldman Sachs, you will have access to excellent training programmes designed to improve multiple facets of your skills portfolio. Our inhouse training programme, ‘Goldman Sachs University’ offers a comprehensive series of courses that you will have access to as your career progresses. Goldman Sachs University has an impressive catalogue of courses which span technical, business and leadership skills training.