3 - 7 Yrs
operations,microsoft office suite,excel,powerpoint and microsoft word
Operations – Private Wealth Management – Trade Management and Settlements
Does capital market trades enthuse you? Our Trade management and Settlements team is looking for a professional to play a key role in safeguarding the client and Firm’s risk with respect to facilitating and managing trade positions and settlement.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow. Operations span all product lines and markets, serving as internal business partners who develop the processes and controls, and help to specify the systems that deliver accuracy, timeliness and integrity to our business.
Trade Management and Settlements is responsible to ensure the client and frm obligation is honored with regards to positions and trade activity. The interaction will include liasing with Asset managers, Depositiories, brokers across the street, extrenal custodians and Internal Business. These function forms an integral part of our business by working to identify solutions that balance the business, client and regulatory needs.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW Private Wealth Management (PWM) Operations supports Private Wealth Management, which is responsible for advising wealthy individuals on strategies to build and protect their financial assets through highly customized advice and service. PWM Operations is instrumental in meeting our clients' needs and is responsible for the development, service delivery and control of global private banking; proprietary and open architecture alternative investment vehicles; derivatives trading; bookkeeping, accounting, performance measurement and reporting of assets and away-custodied assets; multiple externally managed account platforms; and multiple custody services.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Demonstrate the ability to constantly apply sound business judgment in order to manage trade positions, firm exposure and settlements
• Perform trade processing, settlement and funding processes for various entities ofenforcing regulations and policies
• Develop a profound understanding of Financial Instruments and market knowledge involving country specific requirements and translate this knowledge to day-to-day responsibilities
• Engage in opportunities to review processes, analyze information, make decisions and recommendations and implement and monitor procedures
• Becoming commercially aware and understand the nature of the business you are involved in while at the same time ensuring all Settlement standards are constantly being met
• Displaying a strong ability to influence the PWM Business by serving as a liaison between Asset managers, Custodians, Brokers, Compliance, Sales teams and Securities Division
• Develop strong working relationships with Technology to help address technology-related issues and prioritize various projects/initiatives, Support system development through specification, user testing and integration
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor's degree required
• 1 - 2 years of work experience in Operations or related field
• 1 - 2 years of work experience in Finance or related field
• Proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite in particular Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word
• Candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic and team oriented
• Ability to prioritize and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
• Accuracy and attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical and data skills
• Good understanding of the financial industry and financial instruments
• Ability to multi-task with high accountability and due deligence
• In-depth knowledge of trade settlement process (Preferred)