Accounting / Finance / Tax / CS / Audit,Database Administrator/ Data warehousing,Operations
4 - 7 Yrs
daily cash & position reconciliation,aily price/position/total equity reconciliation,risk management
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Are you looking to apply your analytical skills while deepening your understanding of asset management? Our External Custody Reconciliations team is seeking a professional who is looking to collaborate across operations groups, technology, and business stakeholders to mitigate risks associated with the identification and resolution of reconciliation exceptions.
External Custody Reconciliations is a high-value risk management team in Operations that, across multiple asset classes, controls the risk associated with the identification and resolution of reconciliation exceptions through independent and thorough review.
JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSBILITIES
The Individual is responsible for processing all standard and many non-standard transactions within a process. The focus of the role is to ensure the accuracy and quality of work and appropriately escalating any unresolved issues to senior management. The Individual typically researches and troubleshoots many problems independently and is expected to take the initiative to identify opportunities for process improvements within their area of expertise. They must develop an understanding of the inter-operability between the processes they work on and other processes in the department.
Core Reconciliations Functions include the following :
• Daily Cash & Position Reconciliation with custodians & Prime Brokers.
• Daily Price/Position/Total Equity reconciliation for Futures and OTC derivatives products.
• Daily/Monthly Portfolio Market Value reconciliation with Fund administrators.
• Additionally, the responsibilities of the role will also involve: - Contributing to the development of the methods to improve processes and controls. - Obtaining sound understanding of a wide range of financial products and markets as well as broad knowledge of our systems, with emphasis on life cycle, market practices and regulations. - Responding promptly to client and counterparty inquiries, committing to deliverables as well as undertaking ad hoc investigation and analysis, where this is appropriate. - Complying with internal controls, policies and procedures and regularly reviewing and updating procedures and training documentation
- To mitigate ECON risk in Equities, ensure affirmation requests are sent to all clients on a daily basis
- Raised all disputes raised by the client to the desk and internal teams
- Ensure risk is mitigated for trades that feed into various risk categories
- Highlight breaks on electronic workflow on T
- Resolve any disputes raised by client on the Legal confirmation
- Review and send EOD reports to senior management
- Review and Approve contacts setup
- Escalate outstanding trades in category A risk to senior management