Work From Home
Content Writer/Editor/Journalist,Digital Marketing/SEM/SEO
5 - 15 Yrs
online advertising,market analysis,creative writing,critical thinking,digital marketing,editorial,editing,copy editing
Title: Assistant Editor - Toolbox (Marketing vertical)
Team: Editorial, Toolbox
Level: Associate/ Asst Mgr
You are an energetic, motivated professional with 5+ years of experience in technology writing, or mainstream tech news writing, preferably with a focus on marketing, IT or HR technology. You are an exceptional writer at heart and have a creative flair for storytelling in the technology field. At this stage in your career, you have experience in researching on technology-related topics, interviewing subject matter experts, writing tech news content, building and manage monthly editorial calendars and working with internal cross-functional teams.
About the team:
You will be a part of the Toolbox Editorial team which is responsible for creating industry-leading content for IT Decision Makers, technology evangelists and developers in verticals such as Security, Collaboration, Martech, HRTech and Fintech. Toolbox editorial team writes news stories and develops enterprise-focused original content features to help readers understand technological developments and also to choose and buy the right tech solutions in each vertical.
You will join our high- performance team, where transparency, integrity, agility and hands-on job ownership are valued above all else. If you’re raring to join a world-class digital publishing team with global opportunities and reach, this job is for you. As part of Spiceworks Ziff Davis, you will be a member of one of the world’s largest B2B media networks, with ample global opportunities to grow in the world of digital publishing.
You will work closely with the senior editor to develop original content for the marketing technology vertical that meets all the best practices of digital publishing.
You will also work closely with freelance writers and guide them in developing search-optimized, relevant technology content. You’ll seek interview/feature opportunities with key influencers, tech news makers and have a keen eye for emerging trends and themes in technology. You will also serve as a senior resource in the newsroom and lend your voice in producing the best technology content for a global audience.
Roles & Responsibilities
● Writing, editing and proof-reading at least 15 news stories and 8 original 1200 word features each month
● Adhering to best-in-class SEO and digital publishing best practices
● Assisting Senior Editor in planning, maintaining a monthly editorial calendar
● Quality check content on the site as per our editorial guidelines
● Ability to understand content performance tracking metrics (average views per piece etc.) to improve content performance
Required Skills and Knowledge
● Proven content writing experience with actual published content on any commercial B2B website
● Ability to learn the subject by reading extensively is a must
● Knowledge of SEO and digital publishing best practices is a must
● Excellent project and time management skills- we value time commitments!
● Familiarity with Google Analytics will be an advantage
● Proficiency in AP style writing and US English writing will be an advantage
● Excellent communication and decision-making skills
● Strong work ethics and a motivated self-starter
Degree/Diploma in Journalism/English/Mass Communications or any relevant degree with 7+ years experience
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time , Remote working option, Work from home.