- Designs limited enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of systems software, including operating systems, compilers, networking, utilities, databases, and Internet-related tools.
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on specific objectives and established project guidelines.
- Executes and writes portions of testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs issues with code and suggests changes or improvements.
- Participates as a member of project team of other software systems engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem.
- Collaborates and communicates with internal and outsourced development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 3-6 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Using software systems design tools and languages.
- Strong knowledge in Android, Android SDK & app development
- Strong knowledge on Webservices – REST, SOAP
- Strong Knowledge on UX/Design
- Strong in OOP concepts
- Good Knowledge on Java and related technologies
- Knowledge in interfacing to firmware/hardware.
- Knowledge on Software systems testing methodology, debugging, and testing scripts and tools
- Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills.