Job Description -
Position Description – Purpose
Shell Trading integrates a global portfolio of crude oil, refined products, natural gas, electrical power, chemicals and freight trading based in the UK, US, Canada, Singapore, The Netherlands, Japan, Barbados, United Arab Emirates, The Philippines and Russia. Additionally, it provides marine expertise to operating units and manages a substantial fleet of vessels. Currently the team is broadly divided into two areas, North America (NA), WONA (World outside NA) & Global Freight. This role will specifically cover North America region for refined Products only. The purpose of this role is to ensure on-time and accurate payment of invoices to 3rd party vendor by working closely with different stakeholders within the Trading business, particularly the operations teams at the Houston / Calgary / Manila Trading locations. The role provides an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to quickly gain knowledge of a fast moving, exciting and high value trading business, to gain effective stakeholder engagement and sharpen the analytical skills.
Position Description – Accountabilities -
- Ensure 100% on-time (as determined by the SLA) and accurate (as determined by the controls framework) payment of invoices to 3rd party Vendor.
- Ensure vendor disputes are resolved within in a short turnaround time by prioritizing on the value of invoices to minimize business impact.
- Ensure proactive approach while resolving the disputed invoices and to pay them as per the contractual date.
- Ensure past due payables are escalated timely with a clear explanation of the disputes.
- Ensure the process KPIs are achieved with appropriate reasoning for non-achievement, if any.
- Ensure all Trackers / Reports are maintained at 100% (Timeliness & Accuracy)
- Follow documented Work Instructions and agreed Ways of Working with no deviations.
- Follow the escalation matrix defined for the process.
Additional comments: We are interested in attracting people to our business who share our core working values of honesty, integrity and have respect for others. We also want those who can build on our business vision, are prepared to accept accountability and can achieve great results through teamwork.
Company Description -
The aim of the Shell Business Operations, Chennai is to provide the Group with operational excellence through highlighting and utilizing process improvements and functional efficiencies as well as by leveraging economies of scale. Currently, the Chennai centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell operating companies across several business sectors globally.
Set up in September 2007, the Chennai centre has grown rapidly and now , in its fourth year of operations , it has crossed the 1600 staff mark. The centre is located in the RMZ Millennia Business Park, where the Shell campus is a LEED Platinum building with world class infrastructure. The business is expected to grow further over the next two years and infrastructural additions to support this have been planned.
The main focus in Chennai is on Finance Operations which supports delivery of the global Finance functional plan. There is also a ‘Downstream India’ - Customer Services Team that handles lubricant depot ordering within the country. The Shell Business Operations (SBO Team) manages the centre facilities and supports business partners’ operations on site. There is a strong focus at SBO on safety & well being of staff and on its three core values: Compliance, Intervention & Respect.
Skills Required -
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively across all cultures both within the organisation and with external counterparties.
- Proven ability to effectively challenge whilst remaining customer focused and exhibitingcommercial mindset.
- Good accounting knowledge to understand the flow of entries in the e2e Accounts
- Payables process to gain subject matter expertise.
- Additional support needed in line with business requirements during month-ends.
Experience and Qualification required -
- Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or related business degree.
- Strong experience in Accounts Payable domain with Minimum of 2-3 years.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with a short turn-around time involving complexities and competing priorities.
- Proven ability to work pro-actively and with minimum supervision.
Additional comments -
- Good Microsoft Access and Excel skills. Good Knowledge of SAP is highly preferred.
- Good awareness of underlying business, financial and fiscal issues with respect to energy/commodity trading and shipping.
- Shift Timings: 6PM to 3AM (No Deviation).