Job Description -
- Ensure 100% on-time (as determined by the contractual terms) and accurate (as determined by the controls framework) processing of invoices.
- Ensure vendor disputes are resolved within a short turnaround time of 2 working days.
- Ensure the process KPIs are achieved with appropriate reasoning for non-achievement.
- Ensure all Trackers / Reports are maintained at 100% (Timeliness & Accuracy)
- Timely review of WI’s and co-ordinate with supervisors for updation.
- Timely escalation of pending issues.
- Daily review of the Unbilled/Unpaid/SAP open items report and update with adequate reasons.
- Follow iPad toolkit.
- Follow documented Work Instructions and agreed Ways of Working with no deviations.
- Follow the escalation matrix defined for the process.
Position Description – Special Challenges -
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively across all cultures both within the organisation and with external counterparties.
- Proven ability to effectively challenge whilst remaining customer focused and exhibiting commercial mindset.
- Good accounting knowledge to understand the flow of entries in the e2e Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Process to gain subject matter expertise.
- Working in night shift (6 PM to 3 AM or 7 PM to 4 Am) to stay connected with the business continuously considering the process requirements and complexities.
Company Description -
The aim of the Shell Business Operations, Chennai is to provide the Group with operational excellence through highlighting and utilizing process improvements and functional efficiencies as well as by leveraging economies of scale. Currently, the Chennai centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell operating companies across several business sectors globally.
Set up in September 2007, the Chennai centre has grown rapidly and now , in its fourth year of operations , it has crossed the 1600 staff mark. The centre is located in the RMZ Millennia Business Park, where the Shell campus is a LEED Platinum building with world class infrastructure. The business is expected to grow further over the next two years and infrastructural additions to support this have been planned.
The main focus in Chennai is on Finance Operations which supports delivery of the global Finance functional plan. There is also a ‘Downstream India’ - Customer Services Team that handles lubricant depot ordering within the country. The Shell Business Operations (SBO Team) manages the centre facilities and supports business partners’ operations on site. There is a strong focus at SBO on safety & well being of staff and on its three core values: Compliance, Intervention & Respect.
Experience and Qualification required -
- Professional / Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance or related business degree.
- Strong experience in Accounts payable/Accounts receivables domain with relevant years of experience as appropriate for the job groups.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with a short turn-around time involving complexities and competing priorities.
- Proven ability to work pro-actively and with minimum supervision.
Additional comments -
- Good Microsoft Access and Excel skills. Good Knowledge of SAP is highly preferred.
- Good awareness of underlying business, financial and fiscal issues with respectto energy/commodity trading and shipping.
- Female candidates with the willingness to commit to work during night shifts will be given preference.
Competence Level -
- Accounting and Reporting Knowledge
- Process and Data management Knowledge
- Business partnering Knowledge
- Business performance management Knowledge
- Value management Knowledge
- Governance and Assurance Knowledge
- Risk management Knowledge
- Financial controls Knowledge.