About (Name of Business Group)
Citi Retail Services (RS) organization is a leading U.S. Retail Cards business, with a 40%+ market share and greater than $40B in receivables across 40+ million open active Card member accounts. RS provides retail card products to the customers of a diverse group of major national retailers, oil companies and specialty retailers and dealers (the “Partners”). Products provided by RS include financing, transaction, and payment solutions that augment Partners’ existing marketing and sales strategies. These products serve to enhance Partner sales through direct integration with Partner branding, marketing and data management. RS also provides supplemental services to Card members such as debt protection, identity protection and credit monitoring.
Role Outline/Job Summary
As part of the Retail Service Risk Management Analytics team, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing, analyzing and executing ideas and initiatives designed to achieve business growth & loss mitigation goals.
Enhance and improve the Risk policies using statistical techniques to optimize business growth and profits by minimizing the losses
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing, analyzing and executing ideas and initiatives designed to achieve business growth & loss mitigation goals.
1. Driving credit risk policies in any of the following areas – authorizations, underwriting, existing customer management
2. Must have capability to clearly communicate analyses.
3. Presentations to both technical and non-technical personnel are required to be made frequently as part of the job.
4. Ability to work efficiently in a matrix environment balancing between both business and functional interactions and priorities.
1. To clearly formulate analytical hypothesis,
2. Perform ad-hoc analysis to support it, communicate results clearly, and understand cause & effect relationships
3. Support approved strategies through implementation
4. Ability to manage multiple priorities
Required - Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline: Mathematics, Economics, Operations Research, Statistics
Preferred - Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline: Mathematics, Economics, Operations Research, Statistics
1. Strong analytical skills in conducting sophisticate analysis using bureau/vendor data, customer performance data and marketing data to solve business problems.
2. Good programming skills in advanced SAS and SQL in mainframe, UNIX and PC environments.
3. Highly proficient in Excel/pivot tables and PowerPoint.
1. Credit card industry experience especially in an analytics or policy role is preferred
1. Exposure to project/process management
2. Strong communication and presentation skills targeting a variety of audiences
3. A qualified candidate needs to be able to work with cross functional teams
4. Flexibility in approach and thought process
5. Ability to work effectively across portfolio risk policy teams and functional areas teams
6. Analytical mindset
Career Progression: The role gives the candidate a chance to work in the credit policy function of one of the largest private label credit card issuer in the world. The candidate will get to develop his / her skill set in credit policy analytics, work in a team environment and support development, validation and ongoing management of Credit risk strategies.
With experience in the role, the candidate can potentially grow within credit policy senior roles or move laterally to other risk management / decision management functions within Citi RS organization.