Uniphore is a global Conversational AI technology company with offices in the U.S., India and Singapore. Uniphore believes the future of customer service is every voice being truly heard. The Company’s vision is to bridge the gap between people and machines through voice. Uniphore enables businesses globally to deliver transformational customer service by providing a platform of Conversational Analytics, Conversational Assistant and Conversational Security that changes the way enterprises engage their consumers, build loyalty and realize efficiencies.
For more information on how Uniphore delivers business value using Conversational Service Automation, please visit www.uniphore.com
Over & above the regular statutory requirements of Creating a mother-friendly workplace, Enforce zero tolerance sexual harassment policies & Paternity Leave we offer the following to promote a more women friendly workplace
1) Demonstrate that gender diversity is a high priority, our CEO & Co-Founder strongly believe in this.
2) Diversity hiring is a business priority and Publish policies that foster an inclusive culture
RECRUITING AND PROMOTING WOMEN
1) We create an initial applicant screening that is free of gender bias.
2) We seek diversity in the applicant pool and evaluate candidates as a pool
3)Mandate the Rooney Rule in hiring
4)Evaluate starting salaries for new hires, ensuring pay parity
1) Evaluate causes of attrition among women, including mothers and women who do not have children & go above & beyond to retain them
2) Encourage a flexible workplace so that women act balance the work & home front
3) Managers are encouraged to practice & manage a flexible workforce.
1) We provide a Org structure that supports to move women up the talent pipeline.
2) Actively recruit women at executive level and board positions
EDUCATION, LEARNING & CAREER PATH
Support initiatives that expose and connect women to STEM programs
We have regular women connect events to learn from each other
Wellness programs for women
Better finance management workshops for women
Great work culture ensure employees have work life balance. The company invests on employees; considers its employees as their assets. Excellent scope for learning & development. Great place to work.
Women friendly policies
At Uniphore women employees are given maternity benefit as per Maternity act(Amendment Act) 2017, is now effective (hereinafter referred to as the “Amendment”) save for the “work from home provisions” which would be effective on July 1, 2017. Changes made to the Act pursuant to the Amendment
• Leave: An increase in the number of weeks of leave offered to a female employee from maternity. Previously, the Act provided for twelve (12) weeks of maternity benefit, of which six (6) weeks could be availed of prior to the actual delivery. Now the Act provides for twenty six (26) weeks of maternity benefit of which eight (8) weeks can be availed of prior to the actual delivery.
• Women with two (2) or more children: Women who have two (2) or more children can only avail of twelve (12) weeks of maternity leave. Of this, six (6) weeks can availed prior to delivery.
• Adoption & Surrogacy: The Act now contemplates the provision to grant leave of twelve (12) weeks to women who legally adopt children below the age of three (3) months and also to commissioning mothers. For the purposes of the Act a commissioning mother is a biological mother who uses her egg to create an embryo implanted in another woman. This period is calculated from the date the child is handed over to the adoptive or commissioning mother.
• Work from Home: Employers may now introduce a provision for women employees to work from home depending on the nature of work of such woman employee. This option can be availed by the employee post her maternity leave and for a period mutually agreed upon between the employee and employer.
1. Maximum of 5 business days shall be granted only to male employees to enable fatherly care to the child and to support the spouse after delivery. 2. The leave is applicable for only first two deliveries. 3. Paternity leave can be availed only within one month from the date of birth of the new born child.
Prevention of Sexual harassment Policy
Uniphore Software Systems Private Limited (“Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a healthy working environment that enables employees to work without fear of prejudice, gender bias and sexual harassment. The Company also believes that all employees of the Company have the right to be treated with respect and dignity. Sexual harassment is a grave offence and is, therefore, punishable. Sexual harassment may involve the behaviour of a person(s) regardless of the person’s gender identity or expression against a person(s) of the opposite or same gender or against a person who is transsexual or transgender. All employees must adhere to the policy against sexual harassment and report violations of the policy.
Therefore, the focus of this Policy is directed to ensure a zero-tolerance towards verbal, psychological conduct of a sexual nature by any employee or stakeholder that directly or indirectly harasses, disrupts, or interfaces with another’s work performance or that creates an intimidating, offensive, or hostile environment.
This Policy is aimed at educating employees of their rights against any form of unwelcome sexual behaviour and to provide firm guidelines that shall not be crossed while in employment with the Company. This Policy is made under the overall ambit and in accordance with the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 (“Act”).