World of Praxair
At Praxair, 26,000 employees in more than 50 countries are working together towards a common goal: making our planet more productive. For more than 100 years, Praxair has taken something as fundamental as air and turned it into ways to make plants operate cleaner and more productively, food taste better, breathing easier and manufacturing processes more efficient -- in short, to make all our lives better.
With the vision “to be the best performing industrial gases company in the world as determined by our customers, employees, shareholders, suppliers and the communities in which we operate” we strive to be the best in the industry.
Praxair India has won a Prestigious CII award on Best Places for Women to Work. Praxair India recognized for Diversity & Inclusion by DiversityInc. and many others.
Visit http://www.praxair.com/ for more details.
Praxair’s India Presence
Praxair began business operations in India in 1995 through a joint venture with Jindal Steel Works and built one of the largest air separation plants in the world in Bellary, Karnataka.
Praxair provides a reliable, consistent, supply of industrial gases via advanced air separation plants and delivery systems that are both cost-effective and safe. Praxair is helping India's leading companies improve their competitive position in the marketplace.
With around 600 employees, 22 manufacturing plants, regional sales offices at Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Delhi, Hyderabad & Indore , and its’corporate office in Begaluru , Praxair India provides a high-performing, rewarding, and safe work environment for employees at all of our locations. Our employees, in turn, are highly enthusuastic, highly motivated to walk that extra mile and dedicated to following safety measures and protecting the environment at work, at home and in their neighborhoods.
What makes us different ?
Praxair provides a workplace with a diverse workforce ensuring that the best talent is at the table and everyone’s ideas are heard. We offer a strong diversity culture, alongwith a strong safety culture which helps in growth of business, profession and individual career advancement.
We take ownership in making diversity as a measurement of company’s progress and performance. We take it as a reform to create a greater diversity at Praxair to explore the unexplored.
Attracting Diverse Talent
- Diversity focused recruitment drives for university & lateral hires
- Higher opportunities to make a career in their core domain – Be it Sales, Manufacturing, Engineering, R&D, Quality or Safety
- Career counselling for University students and Knowledge sharing sessions
- Diversity focused ‘Praxair University Internship hiring Program’
- Diversity Referral Incentive - Special Referral Bonus to employees & headhunters for bringing women talent on board
Engaging, Developing & Retaining Diverse Talent
- Maternity leave policy: 26 weeks benefits with flexibility in availing the same.
- Extended Maternity benefits : work from home facility & Flexible work time options
- Transportation support for expecting moms & new moms
- We Care Gift Hamper : As a token of love and care for a dear colleague
- Nursing Breaks
- Mentor Momsc- a buddy program for 1st time moms
- ChildCare / Creche support for kids upto 2 year
- Career development through Succession Planning, job enrichment & job rotations.
- Talent sponsorship & Higher education support
- Coaching & mentoring
Women friendly policies
6 months Maternity policy
5 days of Paternity Leave
Child care support
Sexual harassment Policy
A dedicated Committee for grievance addressal
Tie up with ORRCA for Bangalore location.
Flexible working opportunities (Pre & Post maternity)
Amenities for Women
Parental Counselling, Mentor Moms
Higher Education Support, Job Rotation, Job Enrichment, Coaching & Mentoring