Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Danske Bank is one of the oldest and largest Nordic banks. For more than 145 years, the bank has been helping people and businesses in the Nordics realise their ambitions.
In 2012, Danske IT was established in India as a fully-owned subsidiary of the Danske Bank Group. Its 1300+ IT professionals deliver modern and digital banking solutions, helping Danske Bank businesses become more agile, efficient and profitable. All this, with a level of global ownership that is unheard of in the Indian fintech space.
Working on technology solutions for all areas of the bank including personal, business and institutional customers, Danske IT strives to deliver results that make a difference to the Bank’s 3 million customers.
Our employer promise:
Challenging and meaningful work
We use technology to make daily banking and important financial decisions easy for our customers. In India, more than 1300 team members work on projects with
- Global portfolio ownership
- End-to-end responsibilities
- Collaboration and teamwork
Leaders who inspire you to succeed
We believe that leaders must inspire and motivate their teams to deliver excellence. Our leadership policies earned us the 2019 Zinnov Award for Disruptive Leadership in IT – a reputed industry platform which received 300+ nominations from across companies.
A collaborative culture
Collaboration is a way of life at Danske IT. From creating shared community of practices like Gnist (Danish for ‘spark’) and the scrum master community to the Business Analyst community, there are plenty of channelsand opportunities for employees to interact and share ideas locally and globally. The organisations engagement and celebration initiatives (Annual Day, Family, Day, sporting tournaments etc.) are also planned in a collaborative manner with representatives from across business teams.
Opportunities to develop and grow
A career at Danske IT is an opportunity to develop, grow and contribute to a culture of high ambition. Development at Danske IT is propelled by a continuous learning journey. We believe that providing opportunities for personal and professional development is the corner stone towards building an attractive workplace.
Women friendly policies
- Motherhood is a crucial turning point in a woman’s life, and at Danske IT, we want our women employees to have a smooth transition during this phase. All women employees are entitled to fully-paid maternity leave of 26 weeks.
- Miscarriage: All stages of childbirth is dealt with utmost care at Danske IT. We provide our employees with 6 weeks of paid leave in cases of miscarriage.
- Child adoption is also recognised as an important milestone in a woman’s life at Danske IT. Women employees are eligible to have 12 weeks of paid leave for adoption of a child aged less than a year. For adoption of children aged over a year, employees are eligible to 30 calendar days.
Danske IT has tied up with Childcare partner for providing Crèche Facility. All women employees having children between 6 and 72 months of age can avail this. Danske IT shares the equal contribution of the monthly fee with the employee and also pays the registration fee on behalf of the employee.
In order to provide support to new mothers, we have a Mother's room in our premises.
Prevention of Sexual harassment Policy
An open culture of encouraging employees to raise concerns, complaints or grievances in a constructive manner and without any fear is being nurtured at Danske IT. We treat all complaints related to sexual harassment with the strictest confidentiality and any intentional misuse of information will be handled appropriately. The objective of having a strong policy against sexual harassment is to ensure dignity in the workplace for all employees.
Apart for transport facility being available for all employees in two flexible shifts, all women employees leaving office premises after 8:00 pm can request for additional transport support. They are dropped home in company cab and accompanied by a security personnel. A regular telephonic update is also done to confirm on the employee reaching home safely.
Connect from Home Policy
- Danske IT provides employees the flexibility of connecting from home for up to 4 working days in a month. This flexibility is aimed at encouraging productivity and positive work culture.
Part Time Employment
- At Danske IT, we provide employees the privilege of a part time employment option to support their personal needs. It is provided for a minimum duration of 3 months to a maximum duration of 12 months as approved by the Department Manager. The employee can avail this policy post approval after having spent a minimum of 6 months in the organization.
As leaders, we have to constantly navigate the ever-changing technology landscape and also guide our teams through it. Continuous learning is key to reinventing oneself. I believe that if there is focussed determination and the availability of the right knowledge and expertise, we can all tide over the glass ceiling.
Head of IT Operations & End User Technology, Danske IT
Technology has evolved over time but the fundamentals have remained the same. Focussing on getting your foundation right and staying agile ensures you are on top of your game no matter how challenging or fast paced the change is.
Head of Transaction Banking, Danske IT
As women, we often ingrain negative patterns in our minds and find it difficult to ask for things we deserve. We must challenge that mind set. Be bold and dream to rise higher than the basic requirements of hard work, daily learning, being hands on, that we must fulfil. It is a journey and one will never be fully equipped.
Head of Financing IT and Agile Transformation, Danske IT